these are not my people I should never have come here

Sunday, June 20, 2010

i want out


"Pretty Ways" - First Aid Kit


Let's not spill the truth



It's easier being alone


You're a shadow of the old


And I want something new






You've quit dreaming again


I can see it now clear


But I'll wake up every morning


With the big black and the blue






Let's take this for what it is


You tell me you have changed


Well we all change in our own ways


In our own pretty ways






It all comes down to this


I'm an ocean, you're the rain


The ice is melting fast


But you're not pulling down the brakes






You'll start drinking again


I can see it now clear


How you'll wake up every morning


With a new bird in your cage






Even the most peaceful town


Once was a battleground


Well we all change in our own ways


In our own pretty ways






Even in our police state


Someone dares to demonstrate


Well we all fight in our own ways


But nothing ever change
i love these..

-
__
"why do you have that look on your face?"
"uhh (removing of head phones), I'm sorry...?"
"why do you have that look on your face? why don't you smile?"
"uh... because i don't want to smile."

-why do creepy male strangers always feel the need to tell lone females that they need to smile? i smile just as much as the next person.. i'm just waiting for the bus... so i should stand and wait for the bus with a big smile on my face? is it to much to say- fuck off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

My photo
california, United States

Followers

Blog Archive