these are not my people I should never have come here

Thursday, January 14, 2010

gaskey


ash and i saw a couple of these paintings when we went through the Chelsea art galleries in ny... i liked them a lot. i also like all the photos of his gallery, especially the littered paint cups and messy paint brushes. it reminds me of when i was little and my parents gave my sisters and i our own little attic space we called "the hide out".. one day, much to our babysits horror, we colored all over the walls. when my parents were told my dad simply answered, "well its their room.." and my mom followed with, " it's art!".  needless to say, there after we covered those walls head to toe with paint, crayons, and scribbles. gotta love that hippie generation haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

My photo
california, United States

Followers