read:Still Life With Woodpecker
exert: "When the mystery of the connection goes, love goes. It's that simple. This suggests that it isn't love that is so important to us but the mystery itself. The love connection may be merely a device to put us in contact with the mystery, and we long for love to last so that the ecstasy of being near the mystery will last. It is contrary to the nature of mystery to stand still. Yet it's always there, somewhere, a world on the other side of the mirror (or the Camel pack), a promise in the next pair of eyes that smile at us. We glimpse it when we stand still.
The romance of new love, the romance of solitude, the romance of object-hood, the romance of ancient pyramids and distant stars are means of making contact with the mystery. When it comes to perpetuating it, however, I got no advice. But I can and will remind you of two of the most important facts I know:
1. Everything is part of it.
2. It's never too late to have a happy childhood."
watch:The Art of the Steal
info: i saw the documentary a while back and (at certain points) it practically had me tears. the trailer is kind of confusing but, if you give it a shot, the story is incredible. you'll likely look at art in a whole new way, i know i did.(*if you have a netflicks account you can watch it on instant-play right now)
side note: i don't know much about his other music... a little pop-ey for my taste BUT i really like this song... maybe you will too.
these are not my people I should never have come here
View my complete profile
- ► 2012 (33)
- ► 2011 (109)
- DAVID J. PADWORNY
- B.A. LAMPMAN
- she's only happy in the sun
- we are all just lovers
- bend it till it breaks
- because you're mine i walk the line
- don't let me down -the beatles
- you will fight the poison and LIVE.
- ratatat- loud pipes
- hot child in the city
- it will set your free
- Charmaine Olivia
- and whispered in the sounds of silence
- to you love was just a game and, yea, you played m...
- Vincenzo Rizzo
- and i'm trying to spell what only the wind can exp...
- with guns in their hands and god on their side
- there are only two mantras, yum and yuck, mine is ...
- too good.
- i know i'm sleeping caz this dream's to amazing
- We always did feel the same, we just saw it from a...
- cast ourselves out as the victims of fate, but now...
- period for lovers
- Let her go, walk out your door and come to me. I'm...
- if you could laugh at yourself what difference wou...
- Prop 8 ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!
- kime buzzelli
- ▼ August (33)